Saturday, April 28, 2012

A morning of ginastica and a 3rd Women's Open Mat

So after seriously, a solid year of prodding from the other ladies at the gym, I went to the agility class this morning. It...um...I don't think I've ever sweated that much in my life. It was that level of sweat where you don't want to wipe your shirt with your face because the shirt is sweatier than you.

It was mostly ginastica natural (gotta love that it's offered weekly at the gym), animal walking and some yoga...I cannot say how thankful I am to my brother for getting me The Grappler's Toolbox a while back. I recognized a couple of moves and didn't look like a complete fool (only a bit of a fool) since I had a tiny hint of what was going on...but man was my balance bad. I made it through most of it decently, save the animal walking. That...that is going to take me some time. It's a great class though and I think it will be an aid in my moving my bigness around more.

Why did I take so long? Fear mostly...ok...the Green Market too (scheduled during the same time), but mostly fear. I think I will forever see myself as un-athletic and, well, self-perception is a heavy thing.

That said, there's another women's open mat coming up down here in SoFla, so if you'll be in my preferred half of Florida anytime soon, definitely drop by. It's a great event put on by Amazonian Women's Jiu Jitsu.


The Armory Jupiter
603 Commerce Way West
Jupiter, FL 33458

(561) 935–5229



No comments: