Friday, January 7, 2011

Feeling horrible about my armbar defense...

Did a private on it a few weeks back...felt good about it. For whatever reason, it was like I'd never been been shown the basics. It MAY be because I was busy thinking about...so many other things and positions. At least I got my triangle defense to somewhat work...once. Jiu jitsu is coming together so...oddly for me.

We got a lady firefighter tonight! But yeah...I don't think I'd care as much if it hadn't been while WrestlerInstructor was watching.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

about - "Jiu jitsu is coming together so...oddly for me." It's ok, you'll get it. Look back at how you were when you first started and knew nothing. See how much you know now. Give yourself time. Ask your partners what you are doing wrong and how you could do it better. I don't hesitate to stop mid roll sometimes. I've seen the guys do this too. Just relax and have faith in yourself.

Megan said...

Thanks combats...there's SO much to learn and coordinate. I have no doubt I'll be good once I get it all together, I just always underestimate how much it takes to get you off the ground.

Mark said...

I was at a training camp with Carlos Machado last year. Not many of us attended, maybe a dozen. A couple blues, a couple purples, one or two browns and amazing a handful of blackbelts. The stuff Carlos showed made most of the blackbelts slap themselves in the forehead! Basic, very basic type techniques and yet, they never even seen this type of stuff. It was entertaining to see them stumble and screw up just as bad as a noobie whitebelt :)
Some of the blackbelts were Carlos's own students! Even when you make to the coveted blackbelt...there is still a ton more to learn!

Megan said...

Yeah...I have to keep reminding myself of that and not expect to get a point where things just "work".